A vast majority of Australian homeowners are eagerly waiting for the summer to return, as this is a time of long summer evenings enjoying great food on the al fresco terrace. As winter says goodbye, our thoughts turn to the patio area, which will require a good clean prior to the warmer weather’s arrival, and if you are already thinking about this, here are some ideas to brighten up next summer’s parties.
- Think Improvements – Obviously, the terraced area will require a serious clean, but there might be a few small improvements you could add. An outdoor kitchen would be ideal, and there are online suppliers with an impressive range of stainless steel cabinets that can be made to measure. The Internet can really help when it comes to sourcing products, which might include looking for Hoshizaki ice machines in Perth, and a few hours browsing, you will have found everything you need and within a few days, your new equipment will be delivered to your door.
- Garden Maintenance – It is wise to begin to tidy up the garden a month or so before the nice weather is here to stay, and being as this is the backdrop for all your social occasions, it needs to look its very best. Trees should be pruned at this time, and shrubs can be trimmed into shape, in readiness for the party season. This is also the time to think about making some changes, perhaps planting some colourful shrubs that will flower at the right time, or creating a waterfall by the rockery.
- Revamp the Lighting – LED solutions have really changed lighting, and with strips of LED lights that can be attached to window frames, or even draped on trees and shrubs, which gives you a Disneyland feel, and with floor level spots, you can create a futuristic look. You might need to enlist the help of an electrician to wire up the power, but it would be an inexpensive project that produces stunning results.
- Window Awnings – Most homeowners would have a large awning that shades the terrace, but have you ever considered having matching window awnings? This will really give you that al fresco feel, and with some new garden furniture, the transition is complete.
- Build a Bar – This is a great way to really add a touch of professionalism to your patio area, and you can have a unique design and hire a carpenter to craft it to size. Add a spirit and wine rack and a few bar stools, and your Mediterranean style bar is complete. This would be the place to store the ice machine, and you could even have a few draught beers on tap, which would make your parties very popular.
There are so many ways to make your garden look more attractive, and with summer just around the corner, it is time to dust off the BBQ and bring out the garden furniture.