When you peek into the world of chocolates you would be overwhelmed and confused as to which dark chocolates will taste yummy compared to other branded dark chocolates. As all the chocolates look similar and enjoyable, you feel like eating all the kinds displayed in the shelves.
To buy and taste superior quality chocolate, you need to know more about the right way to choose them. To know the professional tips read blogs written by expert chocolate makers and the promotion notes posted by the chocolate contract manufacturing companies.
Know more about the dark chocolates:
Dark chocolate is the natural product of cocoa tree, which is rich in antioxidants. As this kind of cocoa extract has multiple nutrients and soluble fibers, it has ample health benefits. The bean extract is mixed with sugar and fat to emerge as dark chocolate. The cocoa bean has flavanols, which is best to lower your blood pressure, enhance your body’s cognitive function and protect your skin from infection due to exposure to UV.
As dark chocolate has high calories, it has to be consumed in lesser amount compared to other kinds of chocolates like milky ones. Unfortunately not all branded chocolates are of good quality. The goodness of the sweet product depends upon the methods of process and the proportion of ingredients.
Tips to buy quality dark chocolates:
- Cocoa bean is processed to make dark chocolates. The method of processing needs to be considered as proportions of flavanols will be lost if the beans are processed with alkali solution.
- The best pieces of chocolate will have more than three fourth proportion of cocoa content in it. Chocolate liquor or cocoa should be the first ingredient listed on the label, not sugar.
- Flavors and sugar is mixed with cocoa to reduce its bitterness. Normally the flavors are harmless and there are chances of adding inferior quality flavor to reduce the selling price of the chocolate bar.
- Better to buy chocolate products having minimal proportions of Lecithin, which is added to blend flavors and to keep cocoa powder intact.
- Milk shouldn’t be an ingredient. It can be added only in butter form.
If you want the chocolate to taste the same like when you bought it, follow the tips mentioned below.
Hints to store good quality chocolates:
- Don’t store in refrigerator. You can freeze it if you want the product to last longer than six months.
- Store them in air tight containers and keep in cool dry place away from sunlight.