Regular deodorant can get sticky and leave marks. While deodorants can reduce body odor, they have some drawbacks which usually have to do with the chosen brand and type of deodorant.
What’s Not So Good about Regular Deodorants?
- May not reduce perspiration. Deodorants that are not antiperspirant may be able to eliminate body odor; however, cannot stop underarm wetness. It is important to use a deodorant that is also an antiperspirant.
- Leaves marks and stains. Deodorants may leave white marks and yellow stains in the shirt’s armpit. This stain is created as the product’s chemical react with the body salt produced through the sweat. This can be reduced by waiting until the deodorant is totally dry on the skin before wearing the skirt.
- May cause skin reactions. In the majority of deodorants, some ingredients like ethanol are likely to cause skin dryness, itchiness and even tightness. In some cases, users may feel their skin stinging after they shave.
- May have harmful compounds. Just like other personal care products, deodorants may contain aluminum, propelyn glycol and parabens which are harmful chemicals. According to some experts, such chemicals may cause estrogen-like behavior in the body of which excess can cause breast cancer development.
Evolution of Deodorant Wipes
Deodorant wipes are an easy and quick way to freshen up at any time of the day. They may offer a continuous protection even after you performed a series of activities which make you sweat excessively like workout, hiking, dancing and biking. Also, these products are made not to cause any effect on the body’s natural process.
Deodorant wipes are packaged in single-use sachets and come pre-moistened with antiperspirant or deodorant. You just need to take one out and give your armpit a great wipe and throw the wipe away. Avid travelers can choose travel size deodorant wipes.
Should you Use Deodorant Wipes?
Below are some reasons these wipes are great deodorant or antiperspirant options.
- Convenient size. Individual deodorant wipes are packed in small sealed sachets which let you grab two and keep them anywhere without having to worry about them drying out.
- Very hygienic. As you use one wipe and throw it away, this makes it impossible for bacteria to transfer and grow. And there is no way for a wipe to be used by another person.
- Doesn’t leave any mark. Regular deodorants can be messy and leave marks on the clothes. In fact, roll-ons can leave the armpit feeling sticky. With wipes, the liquid tends to dry up quickly.