If you are interested in learning the piano, you have to get one at home. After all, it’s important to practice and hone your skills. In this post, we bring 10 important tips for buying a piano.
- Set a budget. Some of the acoustic pianos can cost $10,000 or even more. Expectedly, the range is extensive, and it is best to have a budget in mind.
- Beginners should always buy a better piano. Yes, you are just starting out, but a better piano will produce better sounds, and you will enjoy the experience better. Flex your budget a bit and select the right one.
- Digital vs. acoustic. Acoustic pianos have their charm for sure, but contemporary homes are smaller, and therefore, a digital piano might work better, keeping the space constraints in mind.
- New or used? If you are short on budget, go for a used acoustic piano. The depreciation rate of pianos is huge, and you can find some great deals on selected products even in local stores.
- In terms of pricing, digital pianos are cheaper and more ideal for people who travel frequently. However, do not choose a used one, because you won’t have the warranty, and there is hardly any support for older variants.
- Look for the latest options. The One Smart Piano is one of the better digital pianos in the market. You can connect it with your tablet or computer and learn lessons from the scratch without the help of a professional teacher.
- Check the reviews. If you are buying a digital piano, always check the reviews. Apart from user feedback and comments, expert reviews can come handy in comparing the right options. Just make sure to look for unbiased blogs and posts.
- Buy online. There are many online retailers that offer digital pianos at great discounts. You can also find most of the variants and brands on sale, which is an added advantage.
- Warranty on the piano is one of the other aspects to consider, especially for digital pianos. Also, check if the brand has considerable presence in your region, so that you can get assured tech support if required.
- Finally, don’t miss on measuring the dimensions. If you have limited space in the house or want to carry the piano around, you need to know the dimensions and weight of the chosen product.
Shortlist your best options now to start comparing!