Accounting firms and professionals involved in this field often need a printing calculator. As the name suggests, a printing calculator can print calculations as required. If you look up for options, there are many brands and models to choose from, which is why we have listed down the pointers that may come handy.
What to check?
In case of printing calculators, you need to focus on these aspects
- Printing speed. It refers to the number of lines a calculator can print per second. You wouldn’t want to wait to print your calculations, which is why this is an important aspect to consider.
- Size. While printing calculators cannot be tiny for obvious reasons, you need something that’s compact and fit the desk space.
- Brand. Some brands like Casino, Canon and Ativa are known for their quality products, which means you won’t have to think of replacement anytime soon.
- Display. With any calculator, the display needs to be big enough, with at least 12 digits. Check the display of the model before taking a call.
- This can be a custom thing for every calculator, but if there are features and functions for tax, currency exchange and other details, it’s certainly an added advantage.
- Many calculators have the function of storage, which comes handy in preventing loss of important data.
- Power. Some printing calculators are powered by adapters, while others run on battery. This can matter if you are going to use the device for extensive printing work.
- Color printing. For some buyers, color printing, especially in red, can be a required feature, which may also impact the price of the calculator.
- Placement of keys. This is also a factor that matters because any mistake while using the keys can impact the entire printout. Make sure that the keys are placed adequately distant from one another.
What are some of the best printing calculators?
If you are looking for a budget-friendly choice, Casio HR-100TM is a good buy. For heavy-duty usage, Sharp EL-1197PIII is considered to be a better option. Victor 1460-4 is the best one when it comes to commercial use, while Ativa AT-P3000 works well for its compact size. There are many websites, where you can find reviews of these models in detail. Check your requirements, pros and cons of each of the product and take the final call. For multipurpose use, you can think of Canon MP11DX too.